The 2016 French Open starts on May 16th and the WTA outfit releases for the tournament are kicking into top gear now. After showing you Marion Bartoli’s Fila limited-edition collection for her home Grand Slam, six days ago I presented lilac, fresh yellow and glacial clothes Stella McCartney prepared for Caroline Wozniacki, Garbine Muguruza and other representatives of Adidas’ Barricade line, while now I will show you what Ana Ivanovic and Simona Halep will sport at the biggest claycourt event, and you can expect a lot more Roland Garros fashion stories in the coming days.
As you can see, the first big news is that Adidas is again going for Yohji Yamamoto’s Y-3 line, to the delight of us all! Just like last year at Roland Garros, there will be one pretty much solid black dress and one printed design (in 2015 the print was floral, while now it’s black and white, at first glance resembling a zebra).
The designer combined classic black and white in his unique way to once again create memorable clothes, while the touch of red (or orange, as it looks in some pics), provides a perfect pop of color. The shirts feature black faux suspenders, nicely breaking up the “zebra” print.
Simona Halep will probably wear the above tank and skirt. The skirt looks like something Stella McCartney would create, but the tank is totally Yohjiesque.
UPDATE: Adidas has published a press release and I wrote about the collection in more detail in my post Adidas’ dazzle camouflage collection for Roland Garros 2016: In motion even when it is still. Moreover, now I can show you all the items that the collection includes:
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 On Court Dress
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Tank
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Event T-Shirt
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 J’adore T-Shirt
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 3/4 Sleeve Top
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Skirt
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Leggings
- Adidas Adizero Y-3 2016 Shoes
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Visor
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Hat
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Headtie
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Wristbands
- Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 Bag
WHAT OTHERS WILL WEAR AT THE 2016 FRENCH OPEN COURTS:
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Nike honors France with Serena Williams‘ and Madison Keys‘ blue outfits
- Venus Williams‘ Geo Swirl collection by EleVen
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- Jelena Jankovic’s colorful limited-edition Fila dresses by Marion Bartoli
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Maria Sharapova
will wearthis Nike dress
- Ball girls’ Adidas Y-3 outfits