Tuesday at Roland Garros 2017 featured two quarterfinals from the upper half of the draw and harsh weather conditions including a hurricane, a sand storm and almost snow, as one of the winning ladies Timea Bacsinszky described after her match against home favorite Kristina Mladenovic. In the semifinals, Switzerland’s Bacsinszky will face Jelena Ostapenko, who has reached the final four of a Grand Slam for the first time by beating former world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki.
My photographer Jimmie48 covered both matches and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the variety of facial expressions of teenager Ostapenko. We also have photos of last year’s juniors runner-up, American Amanda Anisimova, who lost in the first round of women’s singles draw at Roland Garros but is now making her way through girls’ draw as the second seed.
MORE WTA PHOTOS FROM ROLAND GARROS 2017:
- Monday: Halep, Svitolina make the French Open quarterfinals
- Sunday: Tearful Muguruza loses, just as three other Grand Slam champions
- Saturday: Cornet thrashes Radwanska; Wozniacki & Halep advance
- Friday: V. Williams, Muguruza, Kuznetsova lead successful day for the seeds
- Thursday: Qualifier Martic upsets injured Keys
- Wednesday: Ons Jabeur’s historic triumph, Kvitova’s loss and more
- Tuesday: Konta suffers R1 loss, Halep & Svitolina advance
- Monday: Muguruza’s good start of title defense, Mladenovic and Wozniacki battle through
- Sunday: Main-draw action Day 1 — Kerber historic loss, Kvitova’s spectacular return
- Friday: Final round of qualifying + Kvitova’s comeback announcement
- Thursday: Petra Kvitova’s practice + second round of qualifying
- Wednesday: Roland Garros qualifying Day 3 + injured players Bouchard, Halep & Wozniacki practice
- Tuesday: First day of women’s qualifying + Evian event with Madison Keys and Maria Sharapova