Color navy and Lacoste have always been a love match and there are no surprises at the start of 2018 as the French company continues its faithfulness to simple designs and color schemes. Christina McHale‘s and Dominika Cibulkova‘s Lacoste Sport Tech Jersey and Mesh Racerback Tennis Dress for the upcoming Australian Open is yet another tennis fashion classic focusing on sportiness and comfort.
Most of Lacoste’s dresses last season featured pleated skirts and cutouts on the back, while their last dress in 2017 had an asymmetrical cut and played with blocks of white, red and blue, as you can see in my Fashion Retrospection of Dominika Cibulkova’s 2017 outfits. The 2018 season kicks off with a very straightforward cut and a timeless white/navy combination.
Large colorblocks on the crew neckline and on the back are combined with contrast color finishes on collar and sleeves.
We’ve already had a good look at the dress this week at the Sydney International, where the world No.26 Cibulkova made the quarterfinals.
Do you appreciate Lacoste’s traditional style or are you yearning for their venturing into tennis fashion risks?
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress made of mountain jacquard fabric