Dresses and tanks w/skorts are a standard in women’s tennis fashion, but Adidas is now refreshing its offer with an introduction of a jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open. France’s Kristina Mladenovic will have the pleasure of sporting this 3-in-1 piece, which is part of the company’s Melbourne line, also worn by Angelique Kerber.
Taking inspiration from the laid back nature of the Australian summer, the Adidas Melbourne Jumpsuit, just like the rest of the collection, offers a relaxed fit in the combination of teals and yellows that reflect the coastal city’s landscape.
The loose fit, together with honeycomb mesh and keyhole opening on the back, give this item a beachwear feel, while breathable, quick dry fabrics make it optimal for demanding physical activity in hot weather conditions.
I’m so glad Adidas has enhanced its range with a jumpsuit! If you remember, I was a big fan of Alize Lim’s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuits and I’m glad to see a sports clothing giant introducing them as well.
Adidas’ Melbourne line is available both at Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress with mountain jacquard fabric
I absolutely love the design! I remember Alize Lim’s jumpsuit and my guess was true that someday someone will pick up the idea. I love the colors too. Very refreshing!
Kristina already looks great in it. 🙂
Venus did the jumpsuit back in 2013 Wimbledon I think. The back looks like the back of Venus’s jumpsuit and I also think the front is quite boring.
Paul, I think you’re referring to Venus’ 2011 outfit. It was a year of wardrobe malfunctions for V and I made an overview of all her designs during that season.
It’s interesting how Caroline has switched to wear this jumpsuit after the first round. With Garbine out in the second round, no players are wearing the Stella McCartney line at the Australian Open. It is awesome seeing this jumpsuit though. Great design from Adidas!
Daniela, I think Adidas believes that this jumpsuit is their No.1 design at this year’s AO, so with Kiki and Petko out, they wanted to give it more exposure and gave it to Caro.
And Caro won! 🙂