Under the slogan “Light fabrics for quick movement”, Adidas today gave us a sneak peek at the new Stella McCartney collection ready for Caroline Wozniacki‘s campaign at the 2018 Australian Open, in particular the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tank and Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Skirt,
while they revealed Garbine Muguruza‘s pics in the new range with the caption “Reset the tone”.
As we can see from these early promo images, the British designer is continuing her signature style of sporty, body-hugging tops that feature engineered panels. In my overview of Wozniacki’s 2017 outfits you can see that all her tanks were form-fitting designs equipped with moisture-wicking technology and mesh or engineered elements for added ventilation.
The new collection’s pastel yellow and orange tones are coordinated with the sunny environment in Melbourne.
The white skirt from Adidas’ first 2018 range is also typical Stella, with its elastic waistband and perforations that dominated Muguruza’s 2016 fashion. The item also exists in black with bold blue accents.
I love the way the tank’s racerback is executed. It looks quite similar to the racerback of Garbi’s black and white French Open 2016 dress.
Garbi’s color palette also includes appealing pearl grey hues that nicely match the sun-kissed yellow.
My favorite colors for the Australian Open fashion are light blue and light yellow or orange, as those are the colors I associate with the sunny Grand Slam. Are you satisfied with Adidas’ new collection? Do you also like when tennis clothes reflect the tournament environment?
Garbi’s and Caro’s Melbourne designs can be purchased both at Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress with mountain jacquard fabric
tko će da nosi haljinu Muguruza ili Caro?
Whos gonna wear the dress? I found a pic of Adidas Stella Barricade dress for the AO 2018, sent u via email..
SharapovaFun, Ian, I saw the dress weeks ago, it was the first Stella item from the new collection that I saw, but Adidas revealed Garbi’s photos in separates, not mentioning the dress, although she should wear the dress, I believe. No official info yet.
It might be another player will wear the dress version. Any update on the other Adidas girls using the barricade / adizero line? I agree. I love yellow, orange and light blue for AO. I also love light green as it denotes a fresher look on a sunny day.
why does it look same as last few years. come on don’t be so lazy nike/adidas there was unique style year on before 2015
Emman Damian, when I get more official updates, I will post the info on WTB. The only other piece of news I have is that Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova will no longer wear Adidas.
Yeah. Nastia left Adidas for Joma. It’s really exciting because I haven’t seen anyone in Joma at WTA circuit.
Looks good on Woz. Not sure about Mugs.