After showing us Stella McCartney’s designs for Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Australian Open campaigns, Adidas is unveiling the clothes that Angelique Kerber is set to sport at the first Grand Slam of the season.
Promo images posted by Adidas on Instagram show Kerber in the Melbourne Burnout Tank Top and the Melbourne Hosenrock Shorts. I’m thrilled to see that the collection also features a jumpsuit, which will be worn by Kristina Mladenovic.
Just as Stella McCartney’s line, these Adidas clothes feature light yellow items that reflect the ever-present sun Down Under. Balancing the bright color is noble indigo, in the tank enhanced by burnout-pattern cutouts that provide ventilation.
Besides the textured material, Kerber’s tank is unique for its high round neck, dropped armholes and a braided strap on the back.
Adidas describes the Melbourne Hosenrock Shorts as a sporty interpretation of the iconic culotte silhouette. The soft material wicks sweat away to keep Angie dry in the most challenging on-court conditions, while built-in briefs are there for extra coverage.
The shoes that complete the look are the Adidas Ubersonic 3 model in chalk coral. They feature an all-court outsole and a lightweight chassis that ensures stability during quick movements.
Adidas’ Melbourne line is available both at Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress made of mountain jacquard fabric
After Ivanovic’s retirement followed by unfortunate event of Halep’s poor management, Adidas really in needs of some big names on their side sooner.
They have three GS Champions in their corner (Garbine, Jelena & Angie) plus Caro.
I miss Ana being the face of Adidas. I wonder how she’ll look like on these designs. I bet she’ll be a Fashion Hit again!
After Ivanovic, there is only Wozniacki left…. the others are forgettable….
Here is the link of the photos of the jumpsuit to be worn by Mladenovic in AO. [link expired]
I prefer the jumpsuit
The design looks great, as do the colours, and will do so especially on Kerber and Wozniacki (if she will wear it and not some other Stella-line). No I do not miss Ivanovic, she always looked a bit artificial to me (like “been practising in front of her mirror”) and kind of oversized. I prefer the slightly more natural look these two have. They also play better tennis.