After showing us Stella McCartney’s designs for Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Australian Open campaigns, Adidas is unveiling the clothes that Angelique Kerber is set to sport at the first Grand Slam of the season.
Promo images posted by Adidas on Instagram show Kerber in the Melbourne Burnout Tank Top and the Melbourne Hosenrock Shorts. I’m thrilled to see that the collection also features a jumpsuit, which will be worn by Kristina Mladenovic.
Just as Stella McCartney’s line, these Adidas clothes feature light yellow items that reflect the ever-present sun Down Under. Balancing the bright color is noble indigo, in the tank enhanced by burnout-pattern cutouts that provide ventilation.
Besides the textured material, Kerber’s tank is unique for its high round neck, dropped armholes and a braided strap on the back.
Adidas describes the Melbourne Hosenrock Shorts as a sporty interpretation of the iconic culotte silhouette. The soft material wicks sweat away to keep Angie dry in the most challenging on-court conditions, while built-in briefs are there for extra coverage.
The shoes that complete the look are the Adidas Ubersonic 3 model in chalk coral. They feature an all-court outsole and a lightweight chassis that ensures stability during quick movements.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress made of mountain jacquard fabric