Let’s continue with Adidas outfit unveiling for the 2016 Australian Open. After showing you the new dress to be worn by Ana Ivanovic and the nice sunny items by Stella McCartney to be worn by Caroline Wozniacki, I’m glad to show you the separates that the sports company created for Simona Halep.
The world No.2’s Adidas Spring Adizero Tank for the Australian Open will feature the same print as Ana Ivanovic’s dress, just with blue base. The range is inspired by the German Bauhaus art style and when you pay attention you will notice the word “tennis” spelled out in the print.
The tank has halter neck and two nice thick back straps that meet at the neck. The matching pleated skirt is solid red.
Lotta Jurica, Design Director, commented:
We wanted to create a range that embodies the Australian Open tournament, with bold summer colors and clean, functional looks. This is a theme that will be seen in Adidas’ designs throughout the 2016 Olympic year, and we’re excited to see it take the stage for the first time in Melbourne.
What do you think about Halep’s separates? They are my favorites from this new Adidas collection. I like how the print works in the tank and these Adidas Barricade Classic Bounce shoes nicely complete the look.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open
Really not keen on this outfit. However, Simona looks great in nearly anything so I’m sure she’ll elevate it.
I think we can definitely agree this is better than the Adizero dress. These colors seem to go quite well with the blue backdrop. This print is less severe and more playful compared to Ana’s dress. Hopefully the next collection will be an improvement on this particular one 🙂
The color is actually better than the dress but let’s see during AO itself.
I agree, I prefer this one than the dress and Simona looks great on it. Can’t wait to see it in action. I’m also curious what they have for the whole 2016 especially the Olympics.
I especially like the two back straps and I think the print looks good on this blue base, plus, it works great when it’s not covering the entire outfit, rather just the top paired with a solid skirt.
I might be in minority but i like both ana’s and simona’s outfits better than caro’s. I feel like i’ve seen caro’s dress before and i didn’t like the seperates at all but i think this blue top with red skirt will be big hit