Sloane Stephens amazed me with her last year’s US Open dress that brought a crop top back to tennis fashion and then I said how tennis apparel companies should embrace that style. Guess what — Nike created a crop top outfit for Serena Williams‘ Australian Open 2016 campaign! They must be reading my articles at the WTA website! 🙂
The world number one’s Melbourne look includes the NikeCourt Premier Crop Top with ventilating mesh panels and the pleated NikeCourt Victory Premier Skirt totally covered in perforations. The top is available in yellow only, while the skirt also exists in white and obsidian.
The entire look will be yellow, as Serena will wear these matching Nike Flare Shoes, intended for players with aggressive movement.
Are you also excited that crop tops are paving their way in women’s tennis fashion? I love this look on Serena and yellow has always been one of my favorite colors for the Australian Open. Personally, I would never wear everything yellow, but it is totally suitable for a Grand Slam stage and the Australian sun.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.