A lot of you asked me about Victoria Azarenka‘s outfit for the upcoming Australian Open, as for some reason Nike has been promoting only those of Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Eugenie Bouchard. At a Vika fan page on Instagram (BTW, make sure to follow Women’s Tennis Blog on Instagram), I have now come across information that this tank and shorts will be the Belarusian’s style of choice in Melbourne.
The spring leaf (green) version of the Nike Spring Premier Slam Tank, with ombre stripes just like in Bouchard’s Nike Spring Premier Slam Dress, and the white Nike Spring Ace Shorts, also available in black and light crimson, is what the two-time Australian Open champion will wear during her 2016 campaign Down Under.
What do you say? I see a lot of you are looking forward to seeing Vika in skirts again, while many tennis fans are still rooting for shorts. I really like this look, although it can hardly turn out to be my favorite outfit of the Australian Open, as I prefer more glammed-up looks at Grand Slams.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Agnieszka Radwanska: Lace gives way to dramatic mesh in new Lotto dress for the Australian Open
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open