A lot of you asked me about Victoria Azarenka‘s outfit for the upcoming Australian Open, as for some reason Nike has been promoting only those of Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Eugenie Bouchard. At a Vika fan page on Instagram (BTW, make sure to follow Women’s Tennis Blog on Instagram), I have now come across information that this tank and shorts will be the Belarusian’s style of choice in Melbourne.
The spring leaf (green) version of the Nike Spring Premier Slam Tank, with ombre stripes just like in Bouchard’s Nike Spring Premier Slam Dress, and the white Nike Spring Ace Shorts, also available in black and light crimson, is what the two-time Australian Open champion will wear during her 2016 campaign Down Under.
What do you say? I see a lot of you are looking forward to seeing Vika in skirts again, while many tennis fans are still rooting for shorts. I really like this look, although it can hardly turn out to be my favorite outfit of the Australian Open, as I prefer more glammed-up looks at Grand Slams.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Agnieszka Radwanska: Lace gives way to dramatic mesh in new Lotto dress for the Australian Open
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open
I love Vika in shorts! I like that this year Nike has so many different looks (within a theme) that suits the different personalities.
I personally like the shorts on Vika , too. I know a lot of people wish she would wear something more feminine, but that’s not her. In 60’s-70’s America we would have called her a tomboy. Marija, any other players sporting the shorts? BTW, methinks Vika will win the AO this year.
I’m with sabey & Jim – Vika in shorts works for me too! Like the look of this outfit for her.
Actually your wrong vika is wearing a skirt she sported it at kids day today here in oz?
Argh not those stupid shorts again. leave them for practice not in tennis courts
Jim, I’m not sure :/
Cruz Lane, Vika’s outfit is the only one that I have not received official information on, but these separates are what one of her fan pages posted on Instagram. We’ll see. I think she will wear this. The kids day is not a reference. Caro also didn’t wear her AO dress at the kids day.
But the skirt was white and looked in line with the top why would she wear it of all times a chilled out kids day but we’ll see soon
I’ve been trying to find out what shoes Azarenka is sporting during the Australian Open. There may be a few she’s worn but I’m particularly interested in the white pair of Nikes, I think it was in round 2, does anyone know?
Annabelle, the ones with green details? I also haven’t seen them at retail, although Nike is advertizing these yellow Flare ones as Azarenka’s AO shoes: [link expired]