At the 2016 Australian Open, Fila-sponsored athletes will wear the brand’s Platinum collection with sharp, runway-inspired silhouettes.
What we notice first is the print reminiscent of a tennis ball in motion, while the colorway includes black, white and safety yellow. Black is the least favorable color for the Australian Open, but the dress is made of THERMOCOOL™ fabric, which regulates body temperature.
Jelena Jankovic will wear this Fila Platinum Dress, featuring an eye-catching criss-cross design and an inside bra with removable padded cups.
In this official promo pic, Yaroslava Shvedova is dressed in the Platinum Criss-Cross Tank and the Platinum Skort, while the collection includes a total of five styles of tops (keyhole cami tank, halter tank, criss-cross tank, racerback tank, and cap-sleeve top) and a variety of matching bottoms (double-layer short, skorty capri, skort, long skort).
Rounding out the collection are the Platinum jacket and pant, as well as the Platinum bag.
If you follow Women’s Tennis Blog closely, you must have noticed in our Australian Open photo galleries that Vera Dushevina was wearing the new Fila clothes in Melbourne qualifying.
Are you a fan of this style? I think that the dress will bring out Jelena’s perfect figure and I especially like the shape of the neckline, however, I’m quite worried about the black color, despite the cutting-edge fabric.
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Agnieszka Radwanska: Lace gives way to dramatic mesh in new Lotto dress for the Australian Open
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Kristina Mladenovic: Red Adidas printed dress ready for Melbourne
UPDATE: Now we can see how the collection looks on JJ, as she shared this photo on Instagram.
Love the dress but do agree that black in that heat is worrisome. Hope JJ’s matches are all late evening ones!
This collection looks much better than last year for the Australian open. I agree that the shape of the neckline looks good. I like tanks, especially tank with short sleeves.
I looked Fila collections for 2016 season and I think that 2016 will be good year for Fila.
Surprisingly good! I usually do not like Fila’s designs but this looks refreshing!
..espesially the separates. I am not so fond of the dress.
..especially, … sorry for that!
Wow! Fila have really got their groove on, I like it – so edgy & modern. JJ will wear that dress like a (drama) queen (lol!)
black ones are awful. fila and asics are worst ones