Some time ago a reader sent me a photo of Ana Ivanovic, taken way back in August, showing the Serb practicing in a new Adidas design, which we can now safely say will be one of clothing items the company’s representatives will wear at the 2016 Australian Open.
How do I know that this will be the style of choice of Adidas’ players? Because Kristina Mladenovic confirmed it on Twitter in response to her fans who posted this photo of the kit.
The predominantly red Adidas Spring Adizero Dress is characterized by rectangular colorblocks in the shades of red and grey. These Barricade Classic Bounce red shoes complete the look and Adidas believes them to be the most comfortable and stable Barricade to date.
What are your first impressions? I think that this new collection will not beat the 2015 Melbourne Adizero clothes, one of my all-time favorites. I am not a huge fan of this rectangular print, even though the dress is not bad overall. The shoes are cute!
CHECK OUT WHAT OTHER WTA STARS WILL SPORT AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN:
- Jelena Jankovic, Yaroslava Shvedova: Fila print echoes flying tennis balls
- Victoria Azarenka: Green and white Nike tank + shorts combo
- Eugenie Bouchard: Ombre stripes for visual appeal, Nike Dri-Fit mesh for comfort
- Serena Williams: Nike introduces crop tops, yellow from head to toe
- Maria Sharapova: Pure athleticism in the Russian’s new Nike dress
- Venus Williams: EleVen finds inspiration in brushstrokes
- Simona Halep: Adidas‘ red and blue separates, the word “tennis” spelled out in the print
- Caroline Wozniacki: Orange and sand colorblocks in the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Tour Dress
- Monica Puig, Sloane Stephens: Ellesse & Under Armour tennis styles for the Australian Open