Nike‘s summer collection has already been released at Tennis Warehouse Europe and this is the dress ready for Serena Williams‘ appearance at the 2016 French Open.
Don’t let the simple short sleeves and basic colors fool you, as the elements of extraordinary are brought to this Nike Summer Premier SS Dress by the lovely extended pleats reserved for the back section, both stylish and functional mesh panel at mid-back and contrasting ribbed trim at the neckline and sleeve cuffs.
I love these designs that embrace tradition as a base, giving it subtle twists to make it look fashion-forward. Simplicity never goes out of style and just a clever use of certain details, such as pleats, mesh and little contrasts in this case, makes a world of difference.
I prefer the light photo blue version of the dress, but black is also nice. I’m looking forward to seeing Serena in it! What about you?
UPDATE: More info has been released about Nike’s collection for Roland Garros, including Madison Keys’ look.
WHAT OTHERS WILL WEAR AT THE 2016 FRENCH OPEN COURTS:
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Ana Ivanovic, Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Kristina Mladenovic: Adidas‘ dazzle camouflage collection, in motion even when it is still
- Venus Williams‘ Geo Swirl collection by EleVen
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- Jelena Jankovic’s colorful limited-edition Fila dresses by Marion Bartoli
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Maria Sharapova
will wearthis Nike dress
- Ball girls’ Adidas Y-3 outfits
I love these dresses…Finally a great apparel for Serena from Nike…
It’s a nice dress but a bit subdued for Serena!
Neehhh, I don’t like it, I guess. It reminds me of a large oversized football shirt.
But maybe I’m wrong.
Hmm, i thought it was gonna be Maria’s dress since this dress has similar design to Maria’s premier summer top for this year…
Ian, this is not official information yet, but this should be Serena’s dress, while I will soon show you what was supposed to be Maria’s dress.
Maria has a dress? I thought she was banned and that Nike was no longer working with her. I guess they think she will be back by then?
Sabey, no, they must have prepared the dress way in advance.
Finally, a more “age” related version of a tennis dress. Now, if she would act her age and stop
breaking rackets. Even my 9 yr old granddaughter, who is already in the advanced Jr. Development
stated, that it is not a good example for her to do that.
Any news on Vika’s apparel?
Holly, I have nothing yet. Even this Serena’s dress is not official info yet.
atleast her stomach wont be showing
cuz in 2016 shes been wearing dresses with her stomach showing AND I HOPE SHE WINS
SHE NEEDS THIS OPEN