A few days ago I showed you the beautiful black and white dress Garbine Muguruza will wear during her Roland Garros title defense (pictured in the top left corner below) and now we also know what her fellow Adidas by Stella McCartney representative Caroline Wozniacki will sport at the 2017 edition of the claycourt Grand Slam.
I’m pleased to see that Wozniacki’s kit is as stunning as Muguruza’s! Polos and pleated skirts are a wonderful combination, as Lacoste proved many times, while red works surprisingly well on clay.
The Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Sleeveless Polo captivates with its updated pique fabric, nice front slits and touches of orange at zipper, armholes and collar. This modern polo also exists in white with black accents.
The British designer always makes the best out of color-blocks. While she likes to use contrasts to create an illusion of an hourglass figure, she skipped to employ that trick in the polo, as it simply wouldn’t look good, rather, she added a nice cream white contrast at the hem of the the Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Pleated Skirt. This lightweight knit skirt features an elastic waistband and built-in compression shorts.
Perfectly matching the outfit are the black and white Stella Barricade BOOST 2017 shoes, whose special capsules inserted under the heel ensure explosive energy return.
Caro’s new clothes remind me of Lacoste’s Roland Garros collection in 2015, in particular Alize Cornet’s skirt and Elena Vesnina’s shirt. By the way, Caro and Garbi will most probably launch the new designs before Roland Garros, just like last year when they introduced the Paris collection in Miami.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- New Balance‘s clothes for Heather Watson, Nicole Gibbs and Sorana Cirstea
- Tennis styles for the absentees: Maria Sharapova‘s and Serena Williams‘ Nike dresses
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen diamonds for Paris
- Karolina Pliskova, Jelena Jankovic to wear Heritage collection, other Fila athletes to sport Tropical Slice
- Lotto brings boldness back with Agnieszka Radwanska‘s forest tulle dress
- Angelique Kerber‘s and Kristina Mladenovic‘s Adidas outfits
- Alluring black and white Adidas dress for defending champion Garbine Muguruza
- Nike‘s French Open 2017 dirt-inspired outfit
- Timeless Lacoste designs for Alize Cornet and Christina McHale
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.