Nike‘s biggest WTA stars Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams will both be absent from the 2017 French Open, the Russian because of being denied a wildcard and the American because of her pregnancy, but their clothing giant did create their dresses for Paris, just in case.
It’s rather strange that Maria and Nike opted for such a dark and simple design for Roland Garros. The Nike Summer Maria Premier Tunic, also known as the NikeCourt Power Maria Tennis Dress, features a U-shaped neck, racerback and dropped back hem for optimal coverage, while in terms of performance, the item is equipped with Nike Power fabric for stretch and support, Dri-FIT technology for dryness and comfort and strategically-placed mesh insets for good ventilation. When it comes to color, at first glance the dress looks solid black or navy, but it’s actually purple dynasty with touches of black and hydrangeas.
The Nike Summer Power Premier Dress is what Serena Williams would wear if she weren’t nurturing a future tennis champion in her belly. Even though Tennis Warehouse calls it a dress, it’s actually a romper whose shorts are made of Nike Flex fabric that stretches with your body and whose top provides compression and support thanks to Nike Power fabric. Just as Maria’s dress, the romper features Dri-FIT technology to help keep players dry. Moreover, there is a bonded back zipper for easy on and off. The color is paramount blue, with a distinctive paint stain print on one side.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Nike‘s French Open 2017 dirt-inspired outfit
- New Balance‘s clothes for Heather Watson, Nicole Gibbs and Sorana Cirstea
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen diamonds for Paris
- Karolina Pliskova, Jelena Jankovic to wear Heritage collection, other Fila athletes to sport Tropical Slice
- Lotto brings boldness back with Agnieszka Radwanska‘s forest tulle dress
- Angelique Kerber‘s and Kristina Mladenovic‘s Adidas outfits
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s red Adidas by Stella McCartney beauty for red clay
- Alluring black and white Adidas dress for defending champion Garbine Muguruza
- Timeless Lacoste designs for Alize Cornet and Christina McHale