Maria Sharapova‘s glorious fashion days will be back with a bang at the US Open! The Russian has always been a style leader among the WTA players, but in recent years the really glamorous and daring Nike looks she is known for have given way to more simple and sporty looks. Well, that is about to change this upcoming fortnight at Flushing Meadows!
Yesterday Maria posted the above sneak peek on Twitter, revealing that her US Open dress was created in cooperation with Italian designer Riccardo Tisci and confirming our assumptions that the black micro-pleated Nike Fall Maria Flex Short and their matching top that we saw in Nike’s first promo pic were not her definite clothes of choice for the glamorous Grand Slam in New York.
Today Maria revealed a stunning new little black dress that we’ll enjoy seeing her wear under the US Open lights, while I won’t be surprised if this is just her night look and that for her day matches she has yet another amazing outfit in store. Black lace insets and white dots make this standout dress even more glamorous than her famous 2006 US Open dress in which she lifted the champion’s trophy and which I featured in my 2014 article “Sharapova’s most glamorous Nike outfits ever”.
Masha also has a dotted bomber jacket to complete the perfect US Open look! This is what it means to come back to a tournament in style! Well, we knew that no one could do it better than Maria.
MORE US OPEN 2017 WTA FASHION:
- First look at the NikeCourt gear presented by Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, and Madison Keys
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired by New York City’s sunset skyline
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.