From collection to collection, Asics is making only slight changes in design, focusing on top performance and tried-and-true cuts, rather than experimenting with red-carpet glam that is ever more present in sports fashion. At the upcoming French Open, the company’s representatives led by world No.17 Julia Goerges will wear all-blue designs that embrace sporty aesthetic and top performance features.
The Asics Summer Gel-Cool Dress has a tight-fitted top with high neckline and dominant pear-shaped cutout on the back. The inclusion of flexible stretch construction, mesh and the company’s famous Gel-Cool technology make this a performance-packed item. Navy mesh skirt with curved hem contrasts the solid blue top.
The dress is not entirely new on the market, as it’s a blue version of the papaya w/ grey Asics Spring Gel-Cool Dress, currently heavily discounted at Tennis Warehouse USA.
The Asics Gel-Cool Tank Top and its matching skort are also the same items as those seen on the courts in previous months and launched by Julia Goerges at the Australian Open.
Julia’s shoe model intended for Roland Garros is Asics Solution Speed FF Clay.
The Asics spring collection is available at both Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty’s appearance in Paris
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh