From collection to collection, Asics is making only slight changes in design, focusing on top performance and tried-and-true cuts, rather than experimenting with red-carpet glam that is ever more present in sports fashion. At the upcoming French Open, the company’s representatives led by world No.17 Julia Goerges will wear all-blue designs that embrace sporty aesthetic and top performance features.
The Asics Summer Gel-Cool Dress has a tight-fitted top with high neckline and dominant pear-shaped cutout on the back. The inclusion of flexible stretch construction, mesh and the company’s famous Gel-Cool technology make this a performance-packed item. Navy mesh skirt with curved hem contrasts the solid blue top.
The dress is not entirely new on the market, as it’s a blue version of the papaya w/ grey Asics Spring Gel-Cool Dress, currently heavily discounted at Tennis Warehouse USA.
Julia’s shoe model intended for Roland Garros is Asics Solution Speed FF Clay.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty’s appearance in Paris
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.