Lotto is giving us throwback to zebra-dominated Roland Garros 2016, having prepared a black-and-white animal print dress for the upcoming Grand Slam in Paris.
Lotto representatives, led by Belgian Elise Mertens, will be clad in the Zebre Flash collection, made out of poly interlock and mesh stretch, to ensure high breathability and freedom of movement. The statement piece is this eye-catching dress which features an insert on the back for a flutter effect.
Three years ago Adidas’ Roland Garros collection was all about a zebra print with red accents, even footwear and accessories, so the Paris clay courts turned into African grasslands. However, Adidas claimed that the print was actually dazzle camouflage, as Wikipedia defines “a family of ship camouflage used extensively in World War I and to a lesser extent in World War II and afterwards”
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Julia Goerges equipped with Asics Gel-Cool blues
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty’s appearance in Paris
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh
This is like 2016 Adidas x Roland Garros edition, the Y-3 collection wasnt it?
Ian, yes, I mentioned that in the article.
Never liked lotto and still don’t.