After a stunning first limited-edition P.L. Rolando collection launched at the BNP Paribas Open, Fila is releasing the second installment of the collection inspired by the archival sketches of the brand’s original creative director, Pierluigi Rolando, to be worn by world No.8 Ashleigh Barty at Roland Garros 2019.
While Fila-sponsored Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens will wear the company’s tradition-inspired Heritage line in Paris, Ashleigh Barty will rock this all-over graphic print, the high-contrast combination of black and white designed to stand out on the Grand Slam’s red clay.
The new collection’s bold pieces are based on Rolando’s archival sketches dating back to the early 2000s. Here’s one of them:
Rolando is important in the history of the sport because he was a pioneer in bringing color to the court in 1973, thus changing the way people perceive tennis fashion. Rolando’s innovative use of print, pattern, and fabrication solidified Fila as a boundary-pushing design house and paved the way for it to become an iconic sports apparel brand.
This new bold and elegant collection that balances the eye-catching graphic pattern with solid blocks of color includes a tank top, skort, dress, jacket, and pants. You may notice that the colorway is similar to Lotto’s zebra dress for the upcoming French Open, but we can agree that the overall style and vibe are completely different.
The second capsule of the P.L. Rolando collection is available on FILA.com. For more info, visit https://www.fila.com/plrolando2.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Julia Goerges equipped with Asics Gel-Cool blues
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.