We’re yet to see all women’s tennis outfits ready for Wimbledon 2019, but I think I already know what my favorite will be — the New Balance Summer Tournament Dress, to be worn by Romania’s Sorana Cirstea, Great Britain’s Heather Watson and other representatives of the brand.
The design is the same as the company’s blue Roland Garros dress, which was among my Paris fashion favorites, and in my opinion this white and gold combination is even higher on the level of elegance, beauty and style.
When you look at the design, there’s nothing extraordinary or eye-catching, but the clean lines and subtle details exude just the right amount of sportiness, youthfulness and grace. Of course, it’s not just the dress, the complete look will be on point with matching shoes, jacket and wristbands.
Sophisticated elements that make this dress stand out are split racerback with cutout design, sleek gold stripes, curved hem, and mesh seaming at waist. When it comes to functionality, breathable stretch knit fabric and NB Dry Tech are there to help players stay cool and comfortable as matches heat up.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2019 FASHION:
- Stella McCartney’ eco-friendly Adidas apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki
- Maria Sharapova‘s Nike Fall Maria London Seamless Dress
- Madison Keys shows knitwear-inspired NikeCourt whites
- Elina Svitolina presents her NikeCourt separates
- Julia Goerges‘ Asics Gel-Cool whites for London
- Ashleigh Barty & Timea Babos to wear the Fila Match Play collection, Kiki Bertens & Sofia Kenin pick the Lawn collection
- Nike gives sneak peek at Serena Williams‘ Swarovski-adorned dress
- Lotto‘s simple white racerback dress for London
- Karolina Pliskova to wear third capsule of Fila‘s special-edition P.L. Rolando collection
I think they aced this one! Love the gold accent. I’ll appreciate it more when I see it soon.