After Timea Babos promoted the first installment of Fila’s limited-edition P.L. Rolando line dedicated to the brand’s original creative director and Ashleigh Barty won her maiden Grand Slam at Roland Garros in the collection’s second take, Karolina Pliskova is set to debut at Wimbledon the third edition of the line inspired by Pierluigi Rolando’s archival looks and sketches.
I first have to clarify one thing. A week ago I wrongly stated that Pliskova’s Wimbledon 2019 attire would be from the Lawn collection (I’ve corrected that article now), because the Fila Tennis Instagram shared promo imagery of the Czech wearing items from the Lawn collection and the caption read: “Sneak peek at this year’s London looks”. That Instagram post confused me, even though Fila’s press release stated only that Ashleigh Barty and Timea Babos would wear the Match Play collection, while the Lawn collection was reserved for Kiki Bertens and Sofia Kenin.
Imagine, Fila is launching three collections at Wimbledon 2019! Isn’t that an all-time record in WTA fashion?
The P.L. Rolando installment No.3 women’s offerings consist of a racerback tank, halter tank, dress, skort, and warm-up.
Special details include controlled pleating, zippers and a jacquard racquet print motif.
To coincide with the collection release, this installment of the P.L. Rolando campaign features a new set of bespoke illustrations that bring the line to life, while uniting the worlds of art, style, sport and beyond.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2019 FASHION:
- Stella McCartney’ eco-friendly Adidas apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki
- Maria Sharapova‘s Nike Fall Maria London Seamless Dress
- Madison Keys shows knitwear-inspired NikeCourt whites
- Elina Svitolina presents her NikeCourt separates
- Julia Goerges‘ Asics Gel-Cool whites for London
- Ashleigh Barty & Timea Babos to wear the Fila Match Play collection, Kiki Bertens & Sofia Kenin pick the Lawn collection
- New Balance hits new fashion heights with Sorana Cirstea‘s Wimbledon dress
- Lotto‘s simple white racerback dress for London
- Nike gives sneak peek at Serena Williams‘ Swarovski-adorned dress