Maria Sharapova has two Nike dresses available for this Wimbledon — the Nike Fall Maria London Seamless Dress and the Nike Fall Maria London Knotted Dress. Which one do you think she’ll pick? I think the first one and I’ll tell you why.
Let’s start with the newly-released Nike Fall Maria London Seamless Dress. It’s a very simple sleeveless V-neck design with ribbing at neckline and armholes. The engineered fabric brings texture to the plain dress and provides comfort by increasing breathability and stretch.
When it comes to the Nike Fall Maria London Knotted Dress, it was available in time for Roland Garros, the tournament that Masha was forced to miss because of injury, although she had a floral-printed version of the dress ready for her appearance in Paris.
Last year, Maria’s Roland Garros dress was available in both blue and white, but the Russian’s choice for Wimbledon wasn’t the white version of the Paris dress, rather, she introduced a new dress that will be long remembered for its unique pleated racerback. Following the same logic, I don’t expect Maria to wear the white version of this year’s French Open dress, so we’re left with the London Seamless Dress. What do you think?
UPDATE: Maria dropped us a major surprise when she showed up for her first-round match against Pauline Parmentier. None of the two mentioned Nike dresses turned out to be her picks for Wimbledon, instead, she introduced a white racerback design that features two cutouts — one below chest and one on the back. I don’t know if it has ever happened that we’ve been misled this much when it comes to Maria’s Grand Slam dresses.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2019 FASHION:
- Stella McCartney’ eco-friendly Adidas apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki
- Madison Keys shows knitwear-inspired NikeCourt whites
- Elina Svitolina presents her NikeCourt separates
- Julia Goerges‘ Asics Gel-Cool whites for London
- Ashleigh Barty & Timea Babos to wear the Fila Match Play collection, Kiki Bertens & Sofia Kenin pick the Lawn collection
- New Balance hits new fashion heights with Sorana Cirstea‘s Wimbledon dress
- Nike gives sneak peek at Serena Williams‘ Swarovski-adorned dress
- Lotto‘s simple white racerback dress for London
- Karolina Pliskova to wear third capsule of Fila‘s special-edition P.L. Rolando collection