After not having official representatives at this year’s Australian Open and Roland Garros, Stella McCartney is back in full force, clothing all women’s and men’s representatives at Wimbledon 2019. Adidas has released promo imagery with defending champion Angelique Kerber, 2017 winner Garbine Muguruza, and Caroline Wozniacki.
The new aSMC line is defined by laser perforations and red accents, similar to Fila’s orange pops of color on Ashleigh Barty’s kit. Interestingly, Adidas players paired the outfits with these solid red SoleCourt Boost shoes, but I doubt the tournament officials will give them the green light to wear them, they must switch to white shoes.
Just like Adidas’ Melbourne collection, these new whites are created from recycled plastic.
For the photoshoot, Muguruza’s makeup artist opted for futuristic asymmetrical red eye shadow, while her hair stylist completed the look with braids.
Commenting on the collection, the Spaniard focused on its eco-friendly aspect:
I love being outside; breathing, and just feeling the sun and the air. I believe that the better the environment it is around us, the better we feel.
I definitely think it’s very important to protect the environment and the planet — the impact is present in every aspect of our lives, including sport.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2019 FASHION:
- Maria Sharapova‘s Nike Fall Maria London Seamless Dress
- Madison Keys shows knitwear-inspired NikeCourt whites
- Elina Svitolina presents her NikeCourt separates
- Julia Goerges‘ Asics Gel-Cool whites for London
- Ashleigh Barty & Timea Babos to wear the Fila Match Play collection, Kiki Bertens & Sofia Kenin pick the Lawn collection
- New Balance hits new fashion heights with Sorana Cirstea‘s Wimbledon dress
- Nike gives sneak peek at Serena Williams‘ Swarovski-adorned dress
- Lotto‘s simple white racerback dress for London
- Karolina Pliskova to wear third capsule of Fila‘s special-edition P.L. Rolando collection