Adidas is revealing new clothes ready for the 2019 Australian Open and they’re kicking off the campaign with photos of defending champion Caroline Wozniacki wearing separates made from recycled waste.
When we think of the Australian Open, we think of the ocean, sun and beaches. Last year, Adidas’ Melbourne collection was inspired by beachwear, while this year the sports clothing giant joined forces with Parley for the Oceans, using some of their yarn in the new collection. Raising awareness about the plastic pollution in our precious waters, Adidas included Parley Ocean Plastic™, which is “intercepted from beaches and coastal communities before it reaches the ocean”.
WHAT IS PARLEY? Parley is the space where creators, thinkers, and leaders come together to raise awareness for the beauty and fragility of our oceans and collaborate on projects that can end their destruction.
Promo imagery shows Wozniacki in the Adidas Spring Parley Tank Top and the Parley Skirt, both including a 3D structure on the inside to enhance airflow. The collection’s blue color palette celebrates oceans, just as its recycled polyester that is meant to save resources and decrease emissions.
The Adidas Adizero Ubersonic 3 Parley shoe model is listed as Wozniacki’s choice for Melbourne.
As you can see, this time Wozniacki is not promoting Stella McCartney’s designs. If you remember, last year the Dane started her Melbourne campaign in Stella’s gear, but then switched to the jumpsuit which was part of Adidas’ regular line. Here you can see my overview of all Wozniacki’s 2018 outfits.
What’s a bit strange is that Adidas’ website lists Angelique Kerber as the player planned to wear this tank and skort, while there’s no mention of Wozniacki, even though she’s the leading face in the campaign.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 FASHION:
- Simona Halep’s & Elina Svitolina’s Nike style
- Maria Sharapova’s bright day sky print Nike dress
- Adidas x Parley Melbourne dress for Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza
- Julia Goerges‘ papaya w/grey Asics outfit
- Elise Mertens‘ dizzy Lotto print outfit
- Baby pink Ruffles & Stripes collection by Fila for Karolina Pliskova
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands puts her tattoos on her Lucky in Love outfit and everyone wants it!
- Best ever from Lacoste: Dominika Cibulkova‘s Melbourne dress
- Heather Watson’s New Balance separates
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.