With Heather Watson‘s New Balance look I’m finishing the unveiling of the 2019 Australian Open outfits, as the Grand Slam is just about to start!
I’ve always loved New Balance’s youthful style and I don’t mind it that they are keeping their tried-and-true silhouettes, only updating them with a fresh color palette. As you can see, this Spring Tournament Sleaveless Tank is New Balance’s typical striped racerback design, this time featuring colors voltage violet and light reef. I love the rounded shape of the plain white Spring Tournament Court Skirt, as well as its subtle all-over perforations.
Watson’s shoe model is the New Balance WC 996v3.
I’ve showed you a great variety of new styles ready to hit the courts at Melbourne Park, only Serena Williams’ dress is still a mystery to me, and her sister Venus’ outfit, because V, who runs her own clothing company EleVen, likes to pick her outfit at the very last moment, but I’m pretty sure that she’ll wear the Morning Glory collection.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 FASHION:
- Simona Halep’s & Elina Svitolina’s Nike style
- Maria Sharapova’s bright day sky print Nike dress
- Recycled waste meets high-end tennis fashion in Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas outfit
- Adidas x Parley Melbourne dress for Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza
- Julia Goerges‘ papaya w/grey Asics outfit
- Elise Mertens‘ dizzy Lotto print outfit
- Baby pink Ruffles & Stripes collection by Fila for Karolina Pliskova
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands puts her tattoos on her Lucky in Love outfit and everyone wants it!
- Best ever from Lacoste: Dominika Cibulkova‘s Melbourne dress
New Balance is sooooo underrated. Really do like Heather’s shoes.
New Balance has had the most consistent great fashion major to major for the past 3 years!!! I am into the simple forms and bright colors they always bring and can’t wait to see what their new fashions are. On the other hand, I’ve been deeply disappointed by what the big names of Nike and Adidas have been bringing with retro designs, basic colors, crop tops, and completely off colored logo/sweatbands. It’s like “look at how hard we have to try”. No thanks!!!