Back in October last year, I posted an article “Is this Serena Williams’ Australian Open 2019 dress?“, as the tennis legend was spotted in a never-before-seen light pink Nike dress, but when the new season started, the American wore that dress at the Hopman Cup, so it was clear that in Melbourne she would have to introduce something else.
We’re just hours away from the beginning of the Australian Open and we still don’t know 100% what the 23-time Grand Slam champion will wear. The last outfit that Serena wore at a tournament and that was also available at retail was her 2017 Australian Open dress. So, since Serena’s comeback from maternity leave, none of her on-court apparel could be found in stores. That being said, things may be changing now, as the official Nike website lists this Spring Player Dress in the “Serena Williams” category.
The silhouette definitely resembles something Serena would wear, as she tends to have her waist accentuated. The dress exists in lucid green with black and white stripes and in white with laser fuchsia and black stripes.
My favorite feature of the dress is the triangular back cutout rounded by stripes.
Very soon we’ll definitely have the mystery resolved, as Serena starts her Australian Open 2019 campaign on January 15th against Germany’s Tatjana Maria.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 FASHION:
- Simona Halep’s & Elina Svitolina’s Nike style
- Maria Sharapova’s bright day sky print Nike dress
- Recycled waste meets high-end tennis fashion in Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas outfit
- Adidas x Parley Melbourne dress for Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza
- Julia Goerges‘ papaya w/grey Asics outfit
- Elise Mertens‘ dizzy Lotto print outfit
- Baby pink Ruffles & Stripes collection by Fila for Karolina Pliskova
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands puts her tattoos on her Lucky in Love outfit and everyone wants it!
- Best ever from Lacoste: Dominika Cibulkova‘s Melbourne dress