Fila is known for navy-dominated outfits, but for the 2019 Australian Open the company went for light, girly tones in the new Ruffles & Stripes collection.
The collection is inspired by classic Hollywood muses. The style includes mesh ruffles coupled with inverted chevron stripes in light pink, white and black. The first promo imagery released shows world No.7 Karolina Pliskova in the Fila Spring Stripe Trim Tank and Fila Spring Double Ruffle Skirt, while the range includes a wide variety of tanks, skorts, dresses, warm-up items, and accessories, including solid black and solid white pieces.
All representatives of Fila will wear the brand’s newest performance tennis shoe, the Axilus 2 Energized, which features an updated outsole and also includes breathable sockliners made of anti-slide nylon. The color palette is crystal rose/salmon rose/white.
As I mentioned, the collection offers a great deal of single-colored items. Here’s one example, the Fila Spring Ruffle Dress, featuring mesh at the neckline, which creates the illusion of a sweetheart neckline.
There are also ruffle-free designs, such as this Fila Spring Stripe Dress.
Fila is also proud of these Fila Spring Pants, which, as they say, go from straight to skinny in seconds.
All outfits boast Fila’s breathable premium plus jersey fabric with SPF 50. Above you can see the Fila Spring Stripe Criss Cross Cami, which you can match with the Fila Spring Stripe Skirt, but also with a number of other skirts from the collection.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 FASHION:
- Simona Halep’s & Elina Svitolina’s Nike style
- Maria Sharapova’s bright day sky print Nike dress
- Recycled waste meets high-end tennis fashion in Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas outfit
- Adidas x Parley Melbourne dress for Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza
- Julia Goerges‘ papaya w/grey Asics outfit
- Elise Mertens‘ dizzy Lotto print outfit
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands puts her tattoos on her Lucky in Love outfit and everyone wants it!
- Best ever from Lacoste: Dominika Cibulkova‘s Melbourne dress
- Heather Watson’s New Balance separates
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.