World No.1 Simona Halep and world No.6 Elina Svitolina are slated to wear NikeCourt‘s new spring collection at the 2019 Australian Open.
Judging by this photo, Svitolina will most probably wear the white version of the Nike Spring Breathe Slam Top and the Nike Spring Flex Printed Short.
The top stands out with its checkered mock collar and asymmetric stripes at raglan sleeves. The cut is semi-cropped. The NikeCourt logo at left chest is a very nice detail that complements colors featured in the tank: active fuchsia, true berry, mystic green and white.
Players that will wear the Nike Spring Breathe Slam Top will pair it with either the Nike Spring Flex Short or the Nike Spring Slam Skirt. Both items feature ’90s-inspired denim print. For an even bolder look, Nike also created the checkerboard Nike Spring Straight Printed Skirt in black, topaz mist and active fuchsia.
Svitolina has already been spotted wearing these new shorts in practice. The Ukrainian paired them with a purple NikeCourt tank and the Nike Air Zoom Zero shoes.
Nike-clad players will also wear the Spring Power Slam Sleeveless Top and the Spring Court Printed MB Tank.
Both items feature bold stripes in colors that match a variety of skirts and shorts in the collection.
When it comes to Halep’s kicks, the Romanian proudly showed her new customized Nikes. The vibrant-colored shoes are adorned with jalapeno peppers, the insole featuring a print full of red and green jalapenos. There is also a thermometer measuring “spicy”, “medium” and “mild”.
The inside of the tongue is decorated with Romanian flag and the world No.1’s last name written in it.
Halep showed us these unique Nike shoes on Instagram, but Tennis Warehouse states that the fuchsia Nike Air Zoom Vapor X will be complete Halep’s spring 2019 look.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2019 FASHION:
- Maria Sharapova’s bright day sky print Nike dress
- Recycled waste meets high-end tennis fashion in Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas outfit
- Adidas x Parley Melbourne dress for Kristina Mladenovic, Garbine Muguruza
- Julia Goerges‘ papaya w/grey Asics outfit
- Elise Mertens‘ dizzy Lotto print outfit
- Baby pink Ruffles & Stripes collection by Fila for Karolina Pliskova
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands puts her tattoos on her Lucky in Love outfit and everyone wants it!
- Best ever from Lacoste: Dominika Cibulkova‘s Melbourne dress
- Heather Watson’s New Balance separates
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.