American world number ten Sloane Stephens will round out her NikeCourt look with a pair of Air Jordan 8s in the “white aqua” color palette at the 2019 US Open.
I’ve already written about Stephens being the face of Air Jordan sneakers, but what’s new to me is that at the US Open she’ll wear a special Air Jordan 8 model that merges basketball and tennis — it includes a sole unit taken from the Nike Air Zoom Zero tennis shoe, while staying true to its basketball roots with unique vamp straps, side panel clips and high-cut collar, as Hypebeast reports.
Besides the unique sneakers, Stephens is modelling new Nike Slam NY Pants that have tear-away snaps on the sides and the Slam Tennis Jacket.
At the season’s final Grand Slam, the 2017 US Open champion is expected to wear the Nike Fall Print Tank, which features half vertical, half horizontal stripes, and a slit in the back which allows the Dri-Fit performance item to be tied up or worn loose.
Stephens plans to pair the tank with the Nike Fall Flouncy Skirt in white, while the item is also available in black, teal, gridiron, celestial gold, and purple, the predominant color in the NikeCourt style picked by Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova and other WTA players.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Maria Sharapova’s day & night Nike dresses for New York
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber, Caroline Wozniacki equipped for New York: Adidas contrasts black and vibrant green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection
- New Balance teams up with Gitman Vintage in collection set to be worn by Danielle Collins, Cori Gauff, and others
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ Born Free Lucky in Love style