Despite her modest results in recent years, Maria Sharapova is still the WTA fashion leader and Nike has dedicated two dresses to the Russian tennis superstar’s US Open 2019 appearance — one to be worn during the day and one for night matches under the lights at Flushing Meadows.
The Nike Fall Maria NY Dress has a defined waist, as the fabric is gathered for a fitted look inspired by dresses worn in New York’s posh club, the historic Studio 54.
Stretchy jersey fabric has a textured look and it’s combined with mesh panels on the chest and upper back to enhance ventilation. The orange-accented back zipper makes the dress easy to take on and off, while the zipper itself is lined to ensure comfort and smooth feel against your skin.
The color of the day dress is officially called monarch, while the night version is in gridiron.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Sloane Stephens’ Nike kit vamped up with tennis-adapted Air Jordan 8s
- Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber, Caroline Wozniacki equipped for New York: Adidas contrasts black and vibrant green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture
- Naomi Osaka brings futuristic Nike x Sacai performance apparel to US Open title defense
- New Balance teams up with Gitman Vintage in collection set to be worn by Danielle Collins, Cori Gauff, and others
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Phoenix collection
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection in New York
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ Born Free Lucky in Love style
- Lotto introduces Pop Flower collection for Elise Mertens, Lesia Tsurenko, Alize Cornet
- Julia Goerges, Zhang Shuai show their Asics outfits
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.