Maria Sharapova‘s Nike dress for the 2018 US Open is now available at both Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe, so we’re able to have a closer look at it.
You know that Masha always has a day and a night dress in New York, so it’s likely that this lighter version will be reserved for day matches and the black one for night sessions.
It seems that orange will be a common theme in Nike’s US Open designs, as Sharapova’s dress features a popping orange side panel, the same color as Sloane Stephens’ NikeCourt Fall Slam Dress.
The Nike Fall Maria NY Dress is a V-neck design with innovative back that plays with keyhole cutouts and colorblocks with inherently different vibes. I like it how Nike didn’t include two vibrantly colored inserts, rather, they paired this loud orange tone with nude that they officially call “guava ice”. A graphic print with horizontal lines is present in both versions of the dress.
The contrasting side panels remind me of Stella McCartney’s style and the way she likes to use colorblocks to create a figure-slimming effect, especially at waist.
As expected, the dress is made of lightweight moisture-wicking Nike Dry fabric.
MORE US OPEN 2018 TENNIS FASHION:
- Serena Williams’ one-sleeve Nike tulle dress
- Sloane Stephens shows orange Nike dress ready for US Open title defense
- Eugenie Bouchard, Marta Kostyuk, Sabine Lisicki: Nike Fall Slam Dress released in US Open qualifying
- Fila’s new Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova brings starry sky to the US Open
- Caroline Wozniacki’s colorblocked Adidas by Stella McCartney style
- Garbine Muguruza shows her Adidas Barricade tank and shorts
- Angelique Kerber’s black Adidas Barricade dress
- Pink neon candy stripes: Lotto Barre Flash collection for Agnieszka Radwanska, Magdalena Rybarikova, Elise Mertens and Alize Cornet
- Nicole Gibbs presents New Balance‘s US Open fashion
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Prima Donna collection
- Asics’ Gel-Cool technology boosts Julia Goerges’ and Coco Vandeweghe’s US Open outfits
- Christina McHale‘s Lacoste style for the US Open
I like the shape of the dress and the inserts, but I don’t like the graphic print, especially in the day dress, where it is more dominant.
The shape of the dress is very similar to Serena 2014 Aus Open dress. I was hoping Nike would come up with 2 different designs for Maria like they did in the old days
Me no likey.
I like the back of the dress, especially the darker version, but the day dress is an eyesore. This years fashion is looking a little basic
Quite ugly IMO, especially the grey print. Hopefully not to be seen for long.
I concur: “Hopefully not to be seen for long…” Sharapova @ the US Open and that hideous outfit!
I prefer the dark version
So far it doesn’t look that bad. I think I judged it too soon.
Stupid looking ugly straps over ugly gray print on Maria.
I really like the slit skirt with the colorful shorts underneath that Sloan and others are wearing, very cool design.