You know that Masha always has a day and a night dress in New York, so it’s likely that this lighter version will be reserved for day matches and the black one for night sessions.
It seems that orange will be a common theme in Nike’s US Open designs, as Sharapova’s dress features a popping orange side panel, the same color as Sloane Stephens’ NikeCourt Fall Slam Dress.
The Nike Fall Maria NY Dress is a V-neck design with innovative back that plays with keyhole cutouts and colorblocks with inherently different vibes. I like it how Nike didn’t include two vibrantly colored inserts, rather, they paired this loud orange tone with nude that they officially call “guava ice”. A graphic print with horizontal lines is present in both versions of the dress.
The contrasting side panels remind me of Stella McCartney’s style and the way she likes to use colorblocks to create a figure-slimming effect, especially at waist.
As expected, the dress is made of lightweight moisture-wicking Nike Dry fabric.
MORE US OPEN 2018 TENNIS FASHION:
- Serena Williams’ one-sleeve Nike tulle dress
- Sloane Stephens shows orange Nike dress ready for US Open title defense
- Eugenie Bouchard, Marta Kostyuk, Sabine Lisicki: Nike Fall Slam Dress released in US Open qualifying
- Fila’s new Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova brings starry sky to the US Open
- Caroline Wozniacki’s colorblocked Adidas by Stella McCartney style
- Garbine Muguruza shows her Adidas Barricade tank and shorts
- Angelique Kerber’s black Adidas Barricade dress
- Pink neon candy stripes: Lotto Barre Flash collection for Agnieszka Radwanska, Magdalena Rybarikova, Elise Mertens and Alize Cornet
- Nicole Gibbs presents New Balance‘s US Open fashion
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Prima Donna collection
- Asics’ Gel-Cool technology boosts Julia Goerges’ and Coco Vandeweghe’s US Open outfits
- Christina McHale‘s Lacoste style for the US Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.