New Balance partnered with American shirt-making company Gitman Vintage for a new tennis and lifestyle collection ready for the 2019 US Open.
The collection’s leading piece when it comes to WTA fashion is the GV x NB Tournament Slambray Dress. The design is similar to the style-bomb Roland Garros and Wimbledon looks, while the Gitman Vintage touch is the tattersall detail at the neckline and back, a classic check customized here in the colors of the courts from the Australian Open, Roland Garros, Wimbledon and US Open.
The first released promo image shows American Danielle Collins in the NYC apparel.
Gitman Vintage is among rare shirt-makers that base their entire production in the USA. Their approach aims to bridge the old and the new, so they continue to honor the importance of the button down Oxford and classic chambray while continually pushing the boundaries with everything from pineapple prints to Japanese indigos and rip-stop nylon. Moreover, Gitman Vintage focuses on expertise in the production process, as many of their sewers are third and fourth generation shirt makers.
The NB x GV collaboration also offers a number of off-court clothing items, like this Women’s Court Graphic Tee (it also exists for men) and the Sisters NYC Courts Sleeveless Dress, which incorporates retro details like Mother-of-Pearl buttons and a small chest pocket.
Both the T-shirt and the collared dress feature the NYC Courts print which represents an aerial view of tennis courts including Central Park, Park Slope, Canal Street and more.
Men’s collection offers a wide variety of shirts, shorts and other items. To see the entire US Open range, visit the GV x New Balance page.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Naomi Osaka brings futuristic Nike x Sacai performance apparel to her title defense
- Maria Sharapova’s day & night Nike dresses for New York
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Sloane Stephens’ Nike kit vamped up with tennis-adapted Air Jordan 8s
- Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber, Caroline Wozniacki equipped for New York: Adidas contrasts black and vibrant green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Phoenix collection
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection in New York
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ Born Free Lucky in Love style
- Lotto introduces Pop Flower collection for Elise Mertens, Lesia Tsurenko, Alize Cornet
- Julia Goerges, Zhang Shuai show their Asics outfits