Madison Keys completed the all-American semifinals at the 2017 US Open, confidently defeating Kaia Kanepi in Wednesday’s night match. The 15th-seeded Keys will next face 20th-seeded compatriot Coco Vandeweghe, who made her way into the final four by upsetting world No.1 Karolina Pliskova earlier in the day, setting up the third meeting between the two Americans within the last few weeks.
The first WTA semifinal pair was determined on Tuesday and it also features Americans, Venus Williams and Sloane Stephens.
MORE US OPEN 2017 PHOTOS:
- Tuesday, September 5th: Sloane Stephens, Venus Williams move into semifinals
- Monday, September 4th: Keys, Vandeweghe, Pliskova, Kanepi complete quarterfinal field
- Sunday, September 3rd: Sevastova stops Sharapova, Kvitova beats Muguruza to reach the quarterfinals
- Saturday, September 2nd: Keys beats Vesnina in late night thriller, Pliskova, Vandeweghe, Svitolina, Kasatkina advance
- Friday, September 1st: Sharapova, Muguruza, Kvitova, Venus advance to the fourth round
- Thursday, August 31st: Pliskova, Ostapenko, Keys, Radwanska, Svitolina move into round three
- Wednesday, August 30th: Maria Sharapova fights on in New York
- Tuesday, August 29th: Osaka stuns Kerber on rain-shortened day
- Monday, August 28th: Sharapova takes out Halep in an emotional night thriller
- Sunday, August 27th: Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Agnieszka Radwanska, Elina Svitolina, Svetlana Kuznetsova practice before the start of main-draw play
- Saturday, August 26th: Kerber & Muguruza meet Pharrell Williams; Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day; Kvitova, Sharapova, Bouchard, Pliskova practice
- Friday, August 25th: Kerber leads the draw ceremony, third round of WTA qualifying unfolds
- Thursday, August 24th: Qualifying Day 3 + Sharapova, Keys Evian event
- Wednesday, August 23rd: Qualifying + Maria Sharapova, Angelique Kerber, Julia Goerges practice
- Tuesday, August 22nd: WTA qualifying action + Keys, Svitolina practice sessions
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.