Venus Williams‘ EleVen opens the spring-summer season with the Aztec collection for the 2018 Australian Open – a print inspired by Waves of Change.
It’s a pity that the timing of its launch was so unfortunate, as Venus lost on Day 1 in Melbourne, before the new line was even made available on EleVen’s official website.
As EleVen explains, the collection’s geometric overlapping bold colors – Turkish sea, orange, and turquoise – illustrate a women’s ability to conquer the world with a powerful sense of renewal.
For the promo, Venus chose to pose in the Aztec On-Track Jacket and Aztec Flutter Skirt, but tennis dresses are highlights of every collection and this time Venus created a halter-neck one, called the Aztec Pursuit Dress, whose contrast blue neckline matches accent panels on the sides of the racerback. Adorable!
The collection features a really wide variety of clothing items, equipping tennis players from head to toe, but here I’m presenting some of my favorites. I like the faux-racerback of this Aztec Tracer Short Sleeve Top. When it comes to this long-sleeve top, it reminds me of Simona Halep’s Adidas long-sleeve top from previous season’s Melbourne collection, but I love how EleVen took things up a notch with the printed cuff contrast in the asymmetrical design.
I’m also a fan of these teeny tiny slits that enhance the above Aztec Volley Cap-Sleeve Top (how cute are those small cap sleeves!) and the loose orange Aztec Raceday Top.
Venus is definitely raising the bar with the Aztec collection, as she’s introduced a range of completely new silhouettes and ideas, boosting them with a lively, mood-lifting print. Do you agree that Venus is making a really fresh fashion start in 2018?
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress made of mountain jacquard fabric
Get women's tennis updates to your inbox.