A lot of players have withdrawn from the 2020 US Open and there will be no fans in the stands, but tennis apparel companies are as excited as ever that the tour has restarted and virtually all of them are releasing new collections in time for the most glamorous Grand Slam. Bidi Badu, clothing sponsor of WTA players Vera Zvonareva, Mona Barthel, Leonie Kung, Irina Bara and Stefanie Voegele, dropped out the Heat of the Night collection, perfect for the night sessions at Billie Jean King National Tennis Center.
Bidi Badu’s artsy fluorescent prints against a black background bring a nightclub vibe to tennis courts. The US Open is a perfect place for this type of fashion. The campaign for this collection was shot after 10 p.m. in the always noisy and busy Bangkok.
While the collection is mostly about the night vibes, there is also a range of softer outfits, more appropriate for day sessions, such as this Fanny Tech Tank in dark blue with pink and a coordinating skirt.
This week at the Western & Southern Open, Zvonareva is wearing Bidi Badu’s Urban Instinct collection launched in Melbourne at the start of this year.
MORE 2020 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Andre Agassi’s 1990 fashion makes a return to tennis in new Nike collection
- Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova to debut Fila’s revamped Heritage classics
- Adidas launches new apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and others
- New Balance’s neo flame apparel ready to set the US Open on fire
- Venus Williams to sport sparkly EleVen Shine collection
- Ready for return in red: Yonex presents NYC collection
- Outfits for Asics-sponsored Zhang Shuai, Caroline Garcia and Iga Swiatek
- Maria Sharapova’s custom Nike day and night dresses
- Lacoste’s fresh tennis clothes rock New York City