I stopped by New Balance‘s website and I noticed a number of striking red pieces tagged “new”, so I assume that those are tennis clothes for the upcoming US Open. Just like Yonex, New Balance is going for all red, actually some sort of orangey red, which they call neo flame.
The New Balance Tournament Tank features white contrast bonded binding and criss-cross straps on the back. It is supposed to be matched with the Tournament Skirt, a simple yet highly sophisticated design made from lightweight stretch mesh fabric. The skirt includes knit inner short and mesh phone/ball pocket at left thigh.
The New Balance Tournament Dress is a long version of the tank, with side split hem for added skirt movement.
Departing from the all-red color scheme is the New Balance Printed Tournament Tank, the standout item in the new collection. The frame-like red lines that break up the all-over print are an interesting choice. The base color of the tank is called light aluminium.
The entire New Balance range includes the NB DRY moisture-wicking technology that pulls sweat away from the body to keep players cool and comfortable.
MORE 2020 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Andre Agassi’s 1990 fashion makes a return to tennis in new Nike collection
- Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova to debut Fila’s revamped Heritage classics
- Adidas launches new apparel for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and others
- Venus Williams to sport sparkly EleVen Shine collection
- Ready for return in red: Yonex presents NYC collection
- Outfits for Asics-sponsored Zhang Shuai, Caroline Garcia and Iga Swiatek
- Maria Sharapova’s custom Nike day and night dresses
- Vera Zvonareva to sport Bidi Badu’s Heat of the Night collection
- Lacoste’s fresh tennis clothes rock New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.