Tennis needed five months to figure out how to handle the coronavirus pandemic and now the busy tournaments in Prague and Lexington are accompanied by just as dynamic releases of new tennis outfits, as we’re rapidly approaching the 2020 US Open.
Adidas-sponsored players have new gear ready for the most fashionable Grand Slam — a collection marked by power pink and haze coral hues combined with black, white and grey. The new range includes one super unconventional piece of tennis clothing, read on to find out the details.
The mesh elastic Y-back straps of the Adidas NYC Dress follow along the same lines as the sportswear manufacturer’s recent tennis designs, for example pieces from the Prime Blue collection. The dress flares into an A-shape with micro-pleated skirt. Breathability is ensured by Adidas’ HEAT.RDY technology. The item is available in glory grey and in white, with coral stripe accents.
For players preferring a classic look, Adidas offers the NYC Sleeveless Polo. The solid-colored item features a ribbed collar with covered placket, double layer mesh HEAT.RDY material and side vents at hem. Giving its share in the fight against plastic waste, this product includes recycled materials.
The Adidas NYC Y-Back Tank is another item made from soft, silky fabric that keeps players feeling cool, dry and confident on court.
Perforated elastic waistband works together with HEAT.RDY cooling technology to take comfort to the next level in the Adidas NYC Skirt. Compression shorts are included in this design. The tops can also be paired with the new Adidas NYC Shorts, an all-black design made from textured fabric.
The most surprising and innovative item in this collection is the Adidas NYC Shrug, shown above in the middle. I don’t remember we’ve had anything similar in women’s tennis fashion, pretty much ever. Am I right? The super-cropped top with long sleeves brings the edge to every on-court look while also serving as a sun protector (mesh fabric assists air flow) and as light coverage in colder weather.
What would you wear if you were a WTA player endorsing Adidas at the 2020 US Open? I would go for the white Y-back tank and the pink printed skirt. I would also make sure to sport the shrug, when appropriate.
MORE 2020 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Andre Agassi’s 1990 fashion makes a return to tennis in new Nike collection
- Sofia Kenin, Karolina Pliskova to debut Fila’s revamped Heritage classics
- New Balance’s neo flame apparel ready to set the US Open on fire
- Venus Williams to sport sparkly EleVen Shine collection
- Ready for return in red: Yonex presents NYC collection
- Outfits for Asics-sponsored Zhang Shuai, Caroline Garcia and Iga Swiatek
- Maria Sharapova’s custom Nike day and night dresses
- Vera Zvonareva to sport Bidi Badu’s Heat of the Night collection
- Lacoste’s fresh tennis clothes rock New York City