Nike tennis collection for the 2020 Australian Open has been released globally and now we can have a closer look at the apparel characterized by a dominant bold yellow and colorful printed layers that replicate the rock formations and continental shifts of pre-historic Australia.
Shopping links in this article are affiliate links, meaning that I will earn a commission if you purchase something through those links, while there will be absolutely no additional cost to you.
In early January, Nike shook the WTA fashion world by releasing photos of Bianca Andreescu dressed in an opti yellow temperature-regulating knee-length bodysuit featuring mesh panels and cutouts. Now that the collection is available for purchase, we can see that the Nike Spring Court Bodysuit also exists in black and purple. The piece can be coordinated with brightly colored sports bra that will pop on the U-back shape and layered with a skirt or a dress.
Even though the bodysuit is supposed to be combined with other garments, Andreescu intended to wear it as is. Unfortunately, we won’t see the extravagant look on the reigning US Open champion, as she’s withdrawn from the season’s first Grand Slam because of a knee injury, but we can hope that some of the numerous Nike stars will opt for the bare bodysuit.
For those who prefer to be more covered or simply like a splash of color, Nike provided the Spring Melbourne Dress and Spring Melbourne Skirt, whose hand-painted watercolor print is created in collaboration with Melbourne-based artist Cassie Byrnes.
The Australian Open range also offers this Nike Spring Melbourne Tank, featuring wide open back, and Nike Spring Seasonal Crop Tank.
The Nike Spring Melbourne Jacket rounds out the collection, together with accessories such as the Nike Spring Mosaic Court Hat Print and Nike Spring Bucket Hat.
Three weeks ago I showed you the dress that we expect Maria Sharapova to wear at the 2020 Australian Open, but then we had only images of the red and black designs. The Nike category at Tennis Warehouse Europe now shows the yellow version of the Nike Spring Maria Dress, which would be the best choice for the Russian.
When it comes to footwear, Nike has updated their shoe models in a special “Fairy Bread” colorway inspired by the popular Australian treat.
Plus, Nike releases the Air Max Vapor Wing, their stylish new lifestyle tennis shoe.
MORE WTA FASHION READY FOR AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2020:
- Karolina Pliskova, Sofia Kenin present Fila Colorful Play collection
- Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas attire for the final tournament of her career
- Sneak peek at Adidas‘ clothes for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and Kristina Mladenovic
- A closer look at Adidas’ HEAT.RDY women’s collection
- Venus Williams shows EleVen Neon Dreams collection during Melbourne practice
- New Balance dress for Melbourne
- Lucky in Love collection: Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ “A Night at the Opera” bursts with energy
- Julia Goerges ready to sweep the courts in the Asics Solution Speed FF shoes
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova shows new Lacoste dress
- Yonex tennis apparel for Dayana Yastremska and Anastasija Sevastova
- Alize Cornet shows Lotto‘s first dress for 2020
- Yanina Wickmayer launches Lotto Spring 2020 Tech collection