New Balance had a very successful season behind us with stunning designs that got increased exposure with Coco Gauff‘s meteoric rise to stardom (I showed you all the young American’s 2019 outfits in my Fashion Retrospections series). Let’s see now what the sports footwear and apparel manufacturer has prepared for the 2020 Australian Open.
These new designs are already available at Tennis Warehouse. You can shop them through the links below, in which case I will earn a small commission without any additional cost to you.
Through the years, yellow has, appropriately, been the most popular color for the sunny Grand Slam in Melbourne. New Balance used the shade officially called lemon slush to reflect the energy of the Australian tennis summer.
The New Balance AO Tournament Dress follows the same design principles as the successful last year’s models, including my favorite Roland Garros and Wimbledon dress: split racerback with keyhole cutout, curved hem, and a mesh lining to highlight the waist.
When it comes to functionality, breathable stretch knit fabric and NB Dry Tech are there to help players stay as cool as possible in the Melbourne heat.
There is also a two-piece version of the look: the New Balance AO Tournament Tank and New Balance AO Tournament Skirt. Here we can see the black version of the skirt, but I’ve also seen it in white. You can’t notice it in the picture, but the skirt has all-over mesh pinholes and side vents for freedom of movement, plus, it comes with built-in shortie.
MORE WTA FASHION READY FOR AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2020:
- Bianca Andreescu reveals NikeCourt outfit, vibrant yellow bodysuit brings on the heat
- Maria Sharapova‘s Australian Open Nike dress
- A closer look at Nike Melbourne tennis clothes and shoes
- Karolina Pliskova, Sofia Kenin present Fila Colorful Play collection
- Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas attire for the final tournament of her career
- Sneak peek at Adidas‘ clothes for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and Kristina Mladenovic
- A closer look at Adidas’ HEAT.RDY women’s collection
- Venus Williams shows EleVen Neon Dreams collection during Melbourne practice
- Lucky in Love collection: Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ “A Night at the Opera” bursts with energy
- Julia Goerges ready to sweep the courts in the Asics Solution Speed FF shoes
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova shows new Lacoste dress
- Yonex tennis apparel for Dayana Yastremska and Anastasija Sevastova
- Alize Cornet shows Lotto‘s first dress for 2020
- Yanina Wickmayer launches Lotto Spring 2020 Tech collection
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get weekly women's tennis updates to your inbox for free.