UPDATED: Just a few days after Nike released promo images of their Australian Open 2020 collection, the main person in the campaign, Bianca Andreescu, withdrew from the season’s first Grand Slam. The Canadian was supposed to wear a smashing new outfit — a temperature-regulating knee-length bodysuit, which doesn’t have to, but can be combined with tanks, crop tops and skirts in a watercolor pattern from artist Cassie Byrnes.
In terms of visual appeal, the bright yellow Spring Court Bodysuit is definitely inspired by the Melbourne sun (although it’s also available in purple and black), while its structure is fighting the hot temperatures, as it maximizes breathability in areas that tend to overheat. The show-stopping bodysuit is the base layer, although Nike stated that the reigning US Open champion Andreescu was supposed to wear just that pure yellow garment at the Australian Open. That actually makes sense, because why put on unnecessary layers during the Australian summer?
Other Nike athletes, such as Madison Keys, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, and others, may choose to add a splash of colorful contrast to the all-yellow piece, as Andreescu did in the above promo image with the Nike Spring Court Print Dress. The blue, baby pink, grey and nude watercolor print, created by Australian-raised artist Cassie Byrnes, is said to be inspired by the tropical beauty of North Queensland.
The Nike Spring Court Print Jacket rounds out the collection.
MORE WTA FASHION READY FOR AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2020:
- Maria Sharapova‘s Australian Open Nike dress
- A closer look at Nike Melbourne tennis clothes and shoes
- Karolina Pliskova, Sofia Kenin present Fila Colorful Play collection
- Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas attire for the final tournament of her career
- Sneak peek at Adidas‘ clothes for Angelique Kerber, Garbine Muguruza and Kristina Mladenovic
- A closer look at Adidas’ HEAT.RDY women’s collection
- Venus Williams shows EleVen Neon Dreams collection during Melbourne practice
- New Balance dress for Melbourne
- Lucky in Love collection: Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ “A Night at the Opera” bursts with energy
- Julia Goerges ready to sweep the courts in the Asics Solution Speed FF shoes
- Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova shows new Lacoste dress
- Yonex tennis apparel for Dayana Yastremska and Anastasija Sevastova
- Alize Cornet shows Lotto‘s first dress for 2020
- Yanina Wickmayer launches Lotto Spring 2020 Tech collection